This is a series of question presented by a local news correspondent for their printed and online magazine.
1. What are the basic and unique features of a BlackBerry Playbook? i.e. What makes it different from the iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc.? Aesthetically, what makes the BlackBerry Playbook a good choice for a tablet? How would you describe the operating system (OS) of the BlackBerry Playbook and compare it to the OS of other tablets?
– What makes the PlayBook unique is its swipe centred gestures and interaction instead of ‘poking’ used by the other tablets, making it more seamless and fluid. Coupled with BlackBerry uncompromisable security that BlackBerry is particularly well known. Aesthetically, Blackberry PlayBook black bezel not only serves as a frame but also a tool on the different gestures and swipes that is the main interaction feature for the PlayBook. PlayBook user interface allows seamless multitasking for its applications. All applications remain active and never pause in the background at the same time maintaining it’s fluidity.
2. What are the biggest benefits of owning a BlackBerry Playbook? i.e. What applications and features does the BlackBerry PlayBook have that will allow users to increase productivity and efficiency? How can BlackBerry PlayBook be a useful tool in communication, getting information, getting work done on the go, etc.?
– Being small, lightweight but with packed features are the best benefits of owning a PlayBook. BlackBerry Bridge application alone can make the PlayBook productive and efficient. BlackBerry Bridge allows you to connect over Bluetooth to your BlackBerry smart phone to serve as a remote for presentations, sync and gain access to your email, calendaars, BlackBerry Messenger, unprecedented ability to create, edit, save and present MS Office documents, Adobe Flash, PDF applications etc.
3. What current limitations are there in owning a BlackBerry Playbook?
– There is no current limitation as the BlackBerry PlayBook is constantly innovating its OS and with the upcoming BlackBerry 10 OS – everything just get better. Hardware wise, being top notch even after a year from the initial launch, PlayBook can and still capable of running rigorous and extensive new OS innovations (BlackBerry 10).
4. When was the BlackBerry PlayBook released in the Philippine market? Based on your observations, how has it been received by the market so far? In terms of sales, how does it compare to the iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tablet, etc.?
– The BlackBerry Playbook was officially released on August 06, 2011. It has been well since its pricing is almost 50% less compared to the other tablets on the market. Sales also boosted when BlackBerry Playbook OS 2.1 was released earlier this year because of the ability to now support Android applications.
5. What kind of people should avail of the BlackBerry PlayBook? i.e. Do you think it would be recommendable for those with BlackBerry mobile phones to get a BlackBerry PlayBook? Are there any syncing options for these two devices?
– The BlackBerry Playbook would suit the urban professionals. Being able to handle enterprise and corporate apps with its native security and the consumer apps for the fun side. I would highly recommend BlackBerry smartphone users to get a PlayBook since it naturally complements each other and doubles the productivity. Together with BlackBerry Bridge – everything will be seamless and awesome.
6. What is the price range of a BlackBerry PlayBook?
– PlayBook price range is around $150 to $250 for the 16gb, 32gb, 64gb versions.